20+ forecast models, radar, sun/moon and hurricane tracks.
Flowx: Weather Map Forecast
|Name||Flowx: Weather Map Forecast|
|Publisher||Flowx Weather App|
|Update||Aug 8, 2022|
|Get it On|
- Updated the Android SDK and a bunch of libraries.
Visualize the forecast with the unique Flowx weather map and graphs. Get superior user experience with all your data on one screen, finger swipe control and absolutely no ads, no tracking. Select the data for your needs from 30+ data types and 20+ forecast models, plus radar reflectivity, sun/moon-rise/set, and hurricane tracks. Use Flowx to plan around the weather, for aviation, fishing, sailing, surfing, cycling, hiking, photography, storm tracking or anyone interested in the weather.
The advantage of Flowx is the ability to easily compare models, to understand the weather and what it means for you. Customize your data options and visuals to your preference.
Use finger swipe to control the forecast animation over time. Choose multiple data layers to display on the map, and easily switch between models.
View the week’s weather forecast data at a glance. Choose from a selection of graphs and use the compare function to view all data sources at once.
Get a quick update on your homescreen with the graph widget. Choose the graphs and location to display.
Pro Version Options
Free: No ads, no tracking
GFS, GDPS and ECMWF global forecast models, updated 4 times daily. Plus global wave, air quality and UV index models, storm/hurricane tracks, sun/moon-rise/set and USA high-res smoke.
Bronze Subscription: Best Value for Extended Forecast
All Free features plus up to 16-day forecast and 3-day history. More customization with the graph editor and additional map styles.
Silver Subscription: Best Value for Global Data
All Free & Bronze features plus Radar Reflectivity, ICON global forecast model, and additional regional forecast models.
Gold Subscription: Best Value for High-Resolution USA, Canada & Europe
All Free, Bronze & Silver features plus 3 high-res regional models for USA & Canada, 7 high-res regional models for Europe and additional high-res models including ocean temp/current, and air quality.
Data Sources & other Features
Data Sources – Free
• NOAA GFS (FV3) – Global
• NOAA GFS Waves – Global
• CMC GDPS – Global
• CMC GDWPS Waves – Global
• ECMWF HRES 35km – Global
• NOAA HYSPLIT Smoke Data – Continental USA
• NOAA HRRR Smoke Data (Experimental) – Continental USA
• CAMS Air Quality/UV Index – Global
• Storm/Hurricane Tracks (NOAA & CMC) – Global tropical storms
• Sunrise/set and Moonrise/set
Data Sources – Silver
• Free sources plus:
• RainViewer Radar – 82 countries
• DWD ICON – Global
• NOAA NAM12km – Continental USA
• CMC RDPS – Canada, USA (incl. Alaska), Greenland, Iceland
• MeteoFrance ARPEGE – Europe
Data Sources – Gold
• Free & Silver sources plus:
• NOAA HRRR – Continental USA
• NOAA NAM3km – Continental USA
• CMC HRDPS – Canada
• DWD ICON-EU – Europe
• DWD ICON-D2 – Germany
• European Consortium HIRLAM – Europe
• MeteoFrance AROME – France
• KNMI HARMONIE 2.5km- Netherlands
• KNMI HARMONIE 5km – Europe
• RMI Alaro – Belgium
• Expedition Marine – Various locations incl Australia & NZ
• NOAA RTOFS Ocean Model – Global
• CAMS-EU Air Quality – Europe
• SILAM Air Quality – Europe
Animations: wind streamlines indicate wind speed and direction, while wavefront lines indicate wave direction.
Travel Mode: automatically updates the forecast for wherever you are in the world.
Offline Use: after updating the data, use the app offline to view the forecast without internet.
Permissions: minimal permissions required.
Try Flowx Today: visualize the forecast and understand weather systems – it’s the smart way to plan around the weather.
Join us at forum.flowx.io to ask questions and discuss ideas.
Follow us on social media: